My parents took a week to fly down from Kentucky to Texas last week, and helped with a ton of projects around the house. I can’t express how thankful I am that they were able and willing to come! We got a ton accomplished, and I couldn’t be happier with the results. A bunch of stuff got crossed off of the to-do list!
- Sanded the texture off the walls in the half bath
- Painted the trim in the dining room, entryway, downstairs hallway, half bath, and kitchen
- Painted the walls in the dining room, kitchen, downstairs hallway, and half bath
- Painted the trim and walls in our pantry
- Changed out four(!) light fixtures and got rid of the UGLY chandeliers
- Painted AC vents
- Hung shelves in the half bath for art
- Hung pegboard in the garage and organized most of the tools
- Painted the walls in the laundry room
- Spray painted a mirror for the half bath
- Installed ORB fixtures in the half bath
But first! Can we appreciate how awful this bathroom is? Gold. Sponge. Paint. Everywhere.
The story of our house is that of gold. Every piece of trim, all the doors, the walls, the front door, all the fixtures, etc, are ALL gold. Which means we have a lot of painting to do. The problem with this bathroom was that they not only sponge painted gold on the walls, but they did it over wallpaper. There were several layers – bare drywall, wallpaper, paint, gold sponge paint. It was too much to peel. We tried.
Soooo…we sanded it down and painted it. Let me rephrase – my mom sanded it down while Dad and I were working on other projects. I cannot thank her enough. That job was NOT fun.
I just can’t believe how big of a difference paint makes. It took this room from one of the ugliest I’ve ever seen to a beautiful one. I’m so happy with the results!